Sunday, April 02, 2006

It's all over....bar the shouting.

Well it's done. Steve and I had 'that' talk. The one that says this isn't working and before it gets any worse lets call it a day. He has been sleeping out here in the scraproom for a few nights already, he'll be moving out as soon as he can get the dosh together for a bond and rent in advance. We didn't discuss details of who will have what - apart from me pointing out that the kids would be staying HERE with ME - he didn't argue or fight me on that. He agreed when I said it was time to end it and yet he seemed very sad...still I guess I would be too if I had to move away from my kids.

I am a little sad still but mostly relieved. The love has been gone from this relationship for a long long time now so this is definetly best for all concerned. Ground rules set - no fighting in front of the kids & no badmouthing each other to the kids either, probably didn't need to be said but THEY have to come first in this.

Its a little weird actually, we have been dodging each other for weeks/months over this and now it is out there and said and yet nothing really has changed - he is still here.....hopefully not for long - and not in a nasty get the hell out kind of way....but just in a 'it's time to move on' kind of way.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and your boys at this time Jude

Take care

9:45 pm  
Blogger Dawn Stan said...

Jude sent you an email. If you need a hand yell. thinking of you.

10:33 pm  
Blogger Pam said...

Hugs to you and the kids Jude. Batten down the hatches though. It won't be easy sailing but if you can keep the kids first you'll all survive.

Good luck

10:59 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jude,
YOu and the boys are in my thoughts, take care of yourself and if there is anything at all you need just ask.....please,

Love and hugs to you.

Linda

11:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jude, I am so sorry to hear this. Sending love and good vibes to you and the boys during this time.

Sally

8:44 am  
Blogger Ngaire said...

Jude I am really sorry to hear of this news. I hope that everything works out for you and your boys. Take care.

7:02 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jude, I've been thinking of you a lot lately ... now I know why! I hope that everything works out relatively painlessly for you and the boys - you deserve a whole heap of happiness, sweety. Take care of yourself.

7:28 pm  
Blogger ~Kathryn~ said...

jude
sorry to hear your news - sending you and your family lots of love and hugs
i'm an email away if you need to talk or anything

10:08 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jude,

take care of yourself!!! It must be tough and you are very brave

10:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jude, sending cyber hugs for you and the boys.
Carissa

4:06 pm  
Blogger Liz said...

Jude sorry to hear your news ((hugs))... if you'd like to get togehter for a scrapping session one day... let me know.. I'm about 30 mins away .

9:14 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home