Friday, April 28, 2006

It's HERE...and moving day...

Its here it's here.....

after a bit of a false start my new computer is here and going. Not sure that I would order another computer from dell though. Was NOT impressed with the lack of customer service in regards to the actual delivery...seems it is against their policy to call business clients (ordered it through top50) to advise of delivery dates (despite allowing them to request a call) so it took me 2hrs to try to chase it up when they tried to deliver it on Monday (which mind you was bloody fast as I only ordered it on Wednesday)!

anyway it's here and i LOVE it. I didn't realise just how much I missed my old soft touch keyboard til I got this one out again - it just makes you want to type all day I love it, it just FEELS right! AND I have to say that 17" flatscreen is AWESOME (compared to my 15" crt) just lovin it....espeically now that the modem driver is updated and it has stopped crashing every 5 minutes!

I spent most of the afternoon with Owen assembling my filing cabinet (flatpacked timber four draw filing cabinet on clearance at kmart for $60 - BARGAIN)! It took forever but the little boys - Corey and Brett were BOTH sleeping woohooo! Anyway the big reason for doing that was so I could move the printer onto that and have room to set up a second computer on the desk.

Ironically we had always planned to put two on the desk and network them...but that is not to be....in fact ex is moving out on Monday week. This is great news simply because then everything will settle down and we can all get on with our new lives and look to the future.

So tomorrow I am off to the supermarket for wipes and nightime undies and then back home to finish sorting out the computer I think! Still need to get some software sorted out etc etc and of course the housework beacons as do the boys. I got heaps of top50 stuff caught up on in the last couple of days too so that's great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home