Saturday, June 24, 2006

well it's over

well sorry guys I know I really will try to update more often....

sort version - I'm alive and recovering - glad it's over....

long version...
Got there - bit nervous but doing ok, mentioned arrangements for Corey but she just said nurse deals with that not her. I feed Corey around 12ish and then Judith had to go to get her daughter (she had brought me in) so she was going to call and check before bringing Corey back later. Apparently a bed shortage delayed things a little and I wasn’t called in until quite late when I was told no one knew anything about arrangements for the baby and was told that it simply wouldn’t be possible to have him. The bed manager was wonderful. She did offer an alternative of delaying the surgery and transferring me to Sunshine Hospital where they could admit the baby to the children’s ward and bring him to me for feeds. However having prepared myself mentally for surgery, and with recent attacks still in mind, I really didn't want to delay it. So while the theatre staff were waiting to see if surgery was to go ahead or not I had to be on the phone to my ex husband and my friend to try to make arrangements for the baby. Luckily I was able to work something out and surgery could go ahead. I can’t say enough about the way the bed manager handled what would have no doubt been a difficult situation for her – she really was wonderful and I was quite distressed and anxious by this time. Ex brought him in so I could feed him the next day by which time I was SOOOOO looking forward to feeding him - was in more pain from boobs than anything is and was quite drowsy etc (not to mention drip and drain and oxygen etc) so hadn't been allowed to have a hot shower to ease things a bit!

Was kept in 2 nights then was informed around 7.30am, over breakfast, that I could go home but that the paperwork would take approximately 2hrs. unfortunately it actually took a full FIVE hours or more to get out of there due to a mix up which meant that pharmacy closed without sending up my drugs (well they called me at 9 the next morning to tell me they were ready to be picked up - they were lucky I was reasonably polite at that hour of the morning)!

I had a couple of days with just me and bubs til the big boys came back. Ex was actually surprisingly helpful throughout (although he was quite shirty about the 4amish phone call asking him to bring corey in cause my boobs were really full and i needed to feed him lol). He picked up boys and took them to daycare and brought them home again.

friday I actaully drove for the first time and had no problems...am getting better each day but still have trouble with bending to the floor etc.

on the whole though just bloody glad it is all over....one day (when i work up the courage) am going to have an icecream to celebrate) but hmm maybe not for a while yet!

am trying to get my paperwork etc organised for top50 now....the lists are growing so fast they kinda got on top of me for a minute (or a week) lol!

oh well baby steps one at a time - by the time i'm ninety I might be organised!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home