Thursday, January 26, 2006

Gallstones

Who would have thought with all the jokes as a child that I would ever have to actually face these (my maiden name being Gall)! It's funny though - I just never realised that the biggest risk factors in getting them is being fat (tick), female (tick), 30-40yrs old (tick) and fertile - as in having had kids (tick again)......so here I am with my gallstones........solution i'm told is an op........don't want to have it now while i'm breastfeeding.......option 2 manage with diet - cut out food that triggers episodes - so far icecream and cinnabon - I can live with that!

Had another attack last night - ouch! it really does hurt like all bloody hell! and during the whole episode i'm thinking - 'i might have that op after all' and 30minutes after it subsides i'm thinking 'nah i'll manage'

want my advise - don't get gallstones rofl!

4 Comments:

Blogger Ngaire said...

Oh Jude you poor thing! I have a hernia and icecream is actually one of the things that settles it down when it decides to not be nice!! I hpe that you are feeling better.

1:52 pm  
Blogger Elisa said...

jude you poor thing, I hope you are feeling better soon.

4:36 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bugger, Jude. Hope you can find a solution other than an op. Hope you are feeling better especially with this crappy heat we are getting.

6:26 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi - I was googling gallstone attacks as I have had one and am getting my gallbladder out! Yikes - your experience sounds awful....
did your gallbladder come out eventually? Is it a yucky operation? cheers
tom

3:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home