Saturday, July 29, 2006

Are you happy now Mummy?

some days I think I must be the worst Mummy in the world!

This morning started much like any other except the boys didn't drive me mad! They actually came in to say good morning (Corey managed to learn that 5am is NOT playtime so I was still in bed when they got up for the first time in a few days)! We had a leisurely breakfast and read a book and they played with duplo while I washed dishes. Ok that's a good start to the day. After I put Corey down I thought I'd come out and just check my email...the boys came out and started playing and then asked for their chair and computer...I explained I couldn't get their computer (the old dinosaur) working because I am missing a cord so I have to wait til I can buy a new one, but we assembled the desk chair I had sitting in a box for them. So they are playing happily on the chair and I'm sitting at my desk looking at this and that...then I suddenly realise that Owen has been drawing in PERMANENT texta ALL OVER the kids NEW desk and even on MY floor! I lost it....I yelled, I screamed, I told them to get outside, I basically threw a tanty any 2yr old would have been proud of!

I tried to clean it off - it wasn't coming off very well but a bit was coming...thought some eucalyptus oil would do it but didn't have any. So I locked up and we all went inside. Had a calm chat with Owen about being sad that he had been so naughty but had to also apologise for not paying more attention to him!

So started getting dinner ready (pork and apple 'sausage' rolls)...no eggs! Eek don't you hate that...so we went to coles to get some and some eucalyptus oil. Boys were reasonably good so came home with biscuits too and all evening Owen kept asking me if I was happy now...

well Owen the eucalyptus oil worked a treat. Desk clean, floor clean, sinus's clear lol!....so yup much happier....really was it necessary to chuck a tanty over it?! Will try to do better next time mate...I promise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home