Saturday, January 28, 2006

I spoke too soon

seems that not long after my last post it came back again! It has been a long lasting but not quite as intense pain. I spent several hours in hot shower before I decided 3 days was enough and I couldn't do it anymore. My friend came to the rescue as Steve was out. She took the big kids to her place and left them with her partner and her friend and then took corey and i to the hospital where miraculously I only waited for about 5 minutes before they saw me. The popped a cannula in and took blood and then gave me some pethadeine - man that is good stuff even if it does make the walls move! Waited around for blood tests, no infection but liver function a bit abnormal they suspect I may have passed a small stone. Gave me some panadiene forte to take home and a script - lost the tablets b4 i got to the car so stopped just before chemist closed to get script. Finally rolled into bed painfree at about 1am after some panadeine forte as the two shots of pethadeine had worn off. If pain continues (well it's already started again - took some panadiene forte and hoping that will ease it and if it doesn't make me drowsy can still take kids to b'day party) then I'm to have ultrasound on monday again to see whats happening. Have a list of surgeons to call to try toget an earlier appointment as I could only get 22nd feb.......seems I might have to give in and let them take it out.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ngaire said...

OMG Jude are you ok! I hope it doesnt flair up too much! Dont forget to drink heaps of water with the panadine forte otherwise you will feel worse!
Look after yourself!

7:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh you poor thing! I am thinking of you. Take care.

9:24 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jude, I feel for you, I've been there. I think the pain is worse that childbirth.
I had mine removed during day surgery, I was sore for a couple of days but the pain was nothing compared to when having a gall attack!
Take care of yourself!!!

1:48 pm  
Blogger ~Kathryn~ said...

bugger Jude
hope you get on the mend soon

11:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home